January 30, 2014

ζω

The eyes met
Saw a spark right there
Like current running through
Up and down
And back to the head
Like I had heard
Violins in the air
Like I had fancied
Life all flurried
The lips are apart
Beaming like no tomorrow
Oh! The sleepless hours
The shining mornings
And the radiant nights
The constant buzzing
The tapping on a loop
It’s all in my head
Maybe… Maybe not…
Is it my head?
Should I just put it apart?

The secret rendezvous
The sparkling twins
The continuous throbbing
The blushing reds
This is what it is
The moment has arrived
It’s not in my head
But it is in his eyes
The simper on his face
His qualm persona
Like pieces of a puzzle
Falling just in place
Everything makes sense
Perfect sense no less
Too perfect perhaps
Or maybe just enough
Can this be for real?
Maybe… Maybe not…
Is it still in my head?
Should I still put it apart?

What do we long
Who knows… Not I
What do we need
Is a secret
As old as time
Picture or the frame
The timeless debate
Who rots, who wins
Who knows but fate
Why put life in boxes
Labeled fair or not
Why detail every moment
When today is all we got
Not even today
Now is when the heart is breathing
It may gain a beat
Or could just expire
Do not be in doubt
Cherish thy love, I say
Cause ‘tis is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all
Said an enlightened man
Wise, cause he was not wrong…

No comments:

Post a Comment